2014년 11월 10일 월요일

Week Eight - Anansi Boys


The theme of this week was interesting to me because mythic fiction and contemporary urban fantasy is kind of new to me. Well sometimes I imagined that I live in a world where all the gods of mythology are real. Both Lady in the water and Anansi Boys are about "mythic fantasy." According to wikipedia, animism is the worldview that non-human entities possess a spiritual essence. In African and west Indian indigenous folklore, Anansi is the spider god who created the universe. This book is about Fat Charlie, whose father is Anansi realized that his father is died in Florida. Anyways the theme of this book is Animism, so there are some spirits like Tiger or Bird woman.
I thought it is a very visual story and I was not at all surprised to read that offers had been made to turn it into a movie. During I read this book I always imagined scenery of this story and I think it is really interesting book.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기